Click on the headings for a brief overview of our key activities.
For the latest news on our activities, please follow our blog posts.
- With public spending cuts topping every national agenda, the need for museums, libraries and archives to demonstrate their contribution to the UK economy has never been greater. ALMA-UK partners have pooled resources to initiate research that will help the sector address the challenges of capturing consistent, high quality economic data.
- Working in collaboration with the UK Sector Skills Councils, ALMA-UK has assembled a cross-nation group to examine how best to support continuing leadership development in a tough economic climate.
- Stories of the World is one of ten major cultural programmes at the heart of the 2012 London Olympic and Paralymic Games. ALMA-UK members are working together to ensure that this and other 2012 initiatives achieve true UK inclusion and reach.
- Read the UK’s 2010 biennial report to the EC Information Society for an overview of national achievements in digitisation and online access across the home nations.
- Find out how ALMA-UK is helping to guide the sector through the legal complexities associated with artist copyright and intellectual property rights.
- Discover how ALMA-UK partners have worked in unison to roll out a successful ICT qualification to help the UK’s library workforce meet the needs of our digital age.